A new standard for IT systems in the production environment
In the initial phase, umati has set itself the goal of creating a standard for connecting machine tools to IT systems in the production environment (vertical integration). On a long-term basis, the following parameters will be covered:
- Machine identification data
- Operating status of machine
- Information on the production order
- Consumption information (energy, materials)
- Tools and workpieces
- Storage systems
- User interaction forecasts
The focus is on data with an update rate of approx. 1 second.
umati – at a glance
- Reduces costs by enabling the faster implementation of customer-specific projects.
- Simplifies and reduces the amount of effort needed to connect machines to a customer’s IT infrastructure.
- Represents an open standard based on OPC UA.
- Is being developed by the machine tool industry for its own customers.
- Enables the individual mapping and transformation of parameters through standardized inputs for the customer or manufacturer-specific configurations of machine tools
- Is inherently geared to global application.
- As an OPC UA Companion Specification application, it Is exempt from any additional license fees.
- Offers specially developed software components, for which there may by license fees.
- Under certain conditions (certification etc.), can be used as a product brand.
Major connectivity demonstration
EMO Hannover 2019 will feature a demonstration of the umati interface standard. In Hall 9, trade visitors can find out more about the project and how the demo dashboard can be used to centrally pool all the various data. Implementations of the interface will be demonstrated at the stands of project partners, with numerous machines and controls connected to a number of different communication partners as well as the umati demo dashboard.
Display your digital competence and connect your machine or digital product, too. You’ll find all the requirements at https://vdw.de/umati-emo .
All information and partners of the umati @ EMO Hannover showcase can be found in the brochure in the download area.
Meet the experts
Twice a day you’ll hear from proven umati experts about what umati means for the respective company and the industry in general. At the same time, attendees will be offered deep insights into key standardization issues and a roadmap for the future.