Dating back to 1888, BURKHARDT+WEBER Fertigungssysteme GmbH (B+W) has never been content with just manufacturing machine tools. Time and again, B+W has driven forward innovation on an international scale. Take, for example, when it built Europe's first transfer line in 1951, launching the world's first NC-controlled machining center - which back then still had punched tape control - just eight years later. This pioneer in digital control technology was also the first to create a genuine rack magazine and remains a world leader in tool magazine technology to this day, offering automatic tool extension solutions and much more besides.
One of company's latest achievements is undoubtedly its MCC range of ultra-compact yet powerful machining centers destined for use in manufacturing that round off the B+W portfolio perfectly. Despite their size, these new machines combine all the typical B+W characteristics, including power, accuracy, outstanding stiffness and availability. Be it a horizontal unit with a power gear spindle or an A-axis for 5-axis performance, large bearings and a wide distance between the guide elements are designed to ensure exceptional machine rigidity throughout. High torque values, meanwhile, turn these machines into real workhorses with an impressive cutting capacity for the machining of steel, cast iron and titanium. Equipped with B+W's standard rack-type tool magazine and cutting-edge information and communication technology, MCC machining centers can be interlinked and support digital networking in self-organized production processes.