The Burri PM 550 T profiling machine has been designed as a universal machine for the pre-profiling of ceramic-bonded grinding wheels and is used in many well-known gear, gear and grinding wheel manufacturers worldwide.
For the gear industry, dialog-driven user interfaces were created for almost all applications. The machine operator enters only the gear data and the machine control calculates the required grinding wheel geometry and generates the dressing program. A further possibility of dressing program creation is the combination with the EZ-CAM Express CAM module (www.ezcam.de). With this software module almost all profile forms can be created or imported as DWG / DXF / IGES files and processed further. A postprocessor specially adapted to the PM machine generates the CNC dressing program. The NC data are then transferred to the machine control via a network or USB stick.
* Optionally the machine can also be equipped with an automatic tool changer and a 5-fold diamond dressing disc magazine. Thanks to this upgrade, the machine is even more flexible and therefore suitable for many dressing tasks in addition to the gear industry, also in the industrial sectors such as:
- Aerospace (turbine blade grinding)
- Medical technology (prosthesis grinding)
- mechanical engineering (linear guideways, ball rolling spindles, worm screws, rotors grinding)
- Bearing manufacturer (ball and roller bearing ring grinding)
- knife industry (shaving, shaving razor)
Can be used.
Benefit from the economic advantages of using a profiling machine:
- Higher flexibility to respond to customer orders
- significant reduction of storage costs for grinding wheels
- Savings potential when buying grinding wheels
- Higher service life of the slide tools in the production machine
- Lower imbalance of grinding wheels
- Significantly increased productivity of grinding machines
- lower machine load