An innovative drive concept for metal forming
The MEERtorque® drive solution separates the ram movement from the allocation of forming energy.
With MEERtorque® the press ram is driven directly by the acceleration servo motor located on the left-hand side of the eccentric shaft. The continuously rotating flywheel is driven and maintained at speed by a separate directly mounted flywheel motor arranged on the right-hand side of the eccentric shaft eliminating the need of any additional belt drive or back shaft.
This allows to ideally combine the advantages of all servodriven presses with those of presses with conventional clutch-/brake systems.
• Increased die life due to reduced die contact time
• Reduced maintenance cost due to reduced wear on mechanical parts (no brake required during continuous operation as well as a virtually wear-free clutch)
• Increased production output due to outstanding reliability and improved performance
• Drastic reduction of supply media (e.g. compressed air, spray liquid, electric power)
• Extremely smooth and silent operating noise due to the elimination of brake, gearbox etc.
• Energy supply column allows perfect access to media supply