The latest development in LTI Motion GmbH is a magnetic bearing drilling spindle with a HSK32 tool interface where the fluctuating shaft can be redirected and the frequency, amplitude and mode of vibration can be freely programed using the CNC control. This makes it possible to optimally adjust the chip size, chip shape, entry speed and entry angle of the cutting edge to the drilling process. Thanks to integrated sensor technology, important process data, for instance cutting power, can also be recorded and processed online to determine the drill wear. In addition, for example, the start of drilling or different material layers can be recognized, and the processing parameters can be flexibly adjusted during the process.
• Increase in productivity (e.g. through higher feed and cutting speeds)
• Increase in quality by minimizing friction with very small chips
• Process optimization (e.g. rear-side deburring in a single process step)
• Intelligent process monitoring (e.g. tool wear detection)
• Magnetic bearing drilling spindle with “floating” shaft (no abrasion)
• Integrated sensor for intelligent monitoring of the process
• Adjustment of the processing parameters such as chip size, chip shape, entry speed and entry angle chip size, chip shape, entry speed and entry angle