CAFRO, innovation through high quality products and continuous growth
In carbide mills and drills’ manufacturing the main requirement is working time reduction, especially during the fluting operation; to do so, it is indispensable to use a Diamond Wheel with high removal ability, low power absorption and good profile retention.
Tests on CNC grinders proved that the new CAFRO hybrid bond M404 allows for higher stock removal with lower power absorption, longer dressing interval and a better surface finish than the market benchmarks.
- Machine: 5-axes CNC, Spindle power 15 kW
- Coolant: neat oil, pressure 10 bar, with superfiltration and chiller
- Tool: Endmill Ø20mm, Z3, grinding length 102mm, groove depth 5,5mm
- Cafro wheel: 1A1 100 15 10 15 20 D64 SQ125 M404 (Stocklist H.39)
- Wheel speed: 16m/s
- Infeed: 100mm/min
- Working time: Fluting in one pass, 9 minutes.
- Dressing: stick every 10 pieces.
During grinding the wheel is silent, there are no vibrations, both wheel and workpiece remain cold, power absorption at the spindle remains constant and there are no absorption peaks.
The new hybrid bond M404 is now part of CAFRO’s 2017 Stocklist, expanded and improved thanks to the new technical developments, like the new Standard Line CBN products (quality WD), with the best value for your money, and the new bond family TOP, the resin bond with the best profile retention.